This recipe is about as Australian as you can get…Crispy skinned wild barramundi & a roast Aussie prawn perched on Peninsula Larders Gourmet Beetroot Risotto and finished with Lemon Myrtle Flavour Pearls.
The lovely thing about this recipe is that it’s 20 minutes max cook time and it’s on the table ready to enjoy. If you’re not a seafood fan simply grill a chicken breast or char some asparagus. It’s a great option if you are entertaining this Australia Day weekend and don’t feel like a bbq…
Here’s what you will need…
- Barramundi portions – skin on
- Australian green prawns – one per person – you will just need to remove the shell around the body and devein (watch Gordon Ramsay demonstrate – just leave on the head and tail)
- Lemon Myrtle Flavour Pearls – 1 x 50g jar
- Fresh herbs – we used a few baby beetroot leaves that we had in the garden
Beetroot Risotto – (you will get 4 – 6 portions from this pack)
- 1 x 300g Beetroot & Oregano Risotto
- 1 tbs butter
- 1.5 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1/2 small onion – finely diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 litre of stock – chicken/fish or vegetable – hot
- salt & pepper
- Approx 1 tbs butter and also parmesan or lemon zest to finish if desired
The instructions are on the pack, but simply just saute the onion & garlic in the oil & butter until translucent, add the risotto mix then slowly add in the wine and the stock, ladle by ladle as it is absorbing. Cook it gently for around 20 minutes until the rice is tender and the finish with salt, pepper, butter, herbs and parmesan if desired.
Now…to get your timing right!
- Set your oven to 180c.
- Get your risotto started.
- Heat a pan for the fish and prawns so its nice and hot. Lightly oil your seafood and season well.
- Once your rice has been added to the pot, place your fish skin side down in the pan. Keep it on the heat for a few minutes to get a nice and crispy skin and finish in the oven. Add the prawns in for the last 5 or so minutes (depending on their size).
- Your fish and risotto should be ready at a similar time…no dramas if they aren’t…just keep them warm!
- Serve and enjoy…start with a generous spoon of risotto, top with the fish then prawn and finish with a spoonful of Lemon Myrtle Flavour Pearls.
Best served with fun people and something delicious to drink!
The Peninsula Larder Team