Tis the season for a cocktail…..or two and Flavour Pearls
It really is! Actually any time is a good time for something delicious in a fancy glass with friends…..
We made the Atlantic cocktail for our photo shoot because it is a clear cocktail and we wanted you to see our lovely Pearls but hey, make what you love…a surprising burst of flavour would be quite cool if you weren’t expecting it!
We put the Pearls into our glasses then added our mix. You will note the pink hue on the centre glass, that is the strawberry liquid that surrounds our Pearls. If you want to keep your cocktails pure until you burst the Pearls in your mouth just drain them before you add them in!
From front to back in the shot we have used Tangerine, Strawberry & Cherry Flavour Pearls. We have other great flavours available – Apple (fresh & clean), Lemon & Black Pepper (go go tequila!!!), Salted Caramel, Honey, Blackcurrant & Blue Curacao. Hey even Balsamic & White Balsamic for the Bloody Mary lovers out there.
Flavour Pearls are all non alcoholic so perfect to whip up a fancy cocktail for the designated driver or kids party too!
Here are a few recipes to get the party started…
What You Will Need for an Atlantic Cocktail
- 1 part Gin
- 1 part Rum (Light)
- 1 part Cointreau
- Garnish: Flavour Pearls
- Glass: Cocktail Glass
- Shake equal amounts of gin, light rum and Cointreau well with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with Flavour Pearls of your choice.
Run an orange slice around the rim of a martini glass, then rotate the glass on a plate of caster sugar to coat the rim.
- 2-3 slices of fresh ginger
- pinch of fresh orange zest
- 2 ounces of brandy
- 1 ounce of Cointreau
- 2 table spoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- handful of ice
- Flavour Pearls – try tangerine
- Add all ingredients in to a cocktail shaker. Shake, and then strain into your prepared glass.
- 1/2 ounce of Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce of vodka
- 2 ounces of white cranberry juice
- handful of ice
- Flavour Pearls – try Cherry, Blackcurrant or Strawberry
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with Flavour Pearls of your choice.
Until next time
The Peninsula Larder Team
One martini is just right, two is too many, three is not enough.