This is our version of meat and three veg…
the addition of Balsamic Flavour Pearls instead of a sauce or jus for a new twist on an old favourite.
What you’ll need…
- Eye fillet portions (or whichever steak cut makes you happy) allow 1 per person – room temperature at cooking time please
- Olive oil – splash
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooked Cipollini onions – see below
- Cooked King Mushrooms – see below
- Mashed potato
- 1 x 50 g jar Balsamic Flavour Pearls
Lets get started
First we need to cook the onions…allow a 45 minute cooking time (can be cooked earlier and just reheat before serving) Allow 3 – 5 per person. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cipollini Onions (pearl onions are an ok substitute), outer layer removed
- Olive Oil , enough to liberally coat onions
- Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
Get your potatoes cooking. Just make them as you normally would…the only decadent thing I would do is add cream instead of milk if I have it on hand. Season well and keep warm.
Next the steak and mushrooms need cooking…
Get your pan or grill nice and hot…oil and season your steaks well and cook to desired done-ness. Rest them somewhere warm for a few minutes before serving. Whilst the steaks are on add your king mushrooms (just cut them in half and a quick oil and season) cut side down first for a couple of minutes. Turn them over and cook for a couple of minutes longer with a good bit of butter on top too.
Ready to serve
Simply start with a spoon of mash and add your steak, mushrooms and onions and finish with a generous spoonful of Balsamic Flavour Pearls
Now just pour that glass of red and tuck in.
Until next time
Enjoy…from the Peninsula Larder Team
“Good food ends with good talk.” – Geoffrey Neighor