Pomegranate Flavour Pearls add a delicious fruity burst to this fresh and healthy poke bowl recipe.
Feel free to change the ingredients…it’s a dish that’s just made to be adapted to what you have handy and what you enjoy eating. Love fish…add some raw or grilled fish instead of the chicken. Vegetarian..add some nutty grilled tempeh. Red meat all the way…marinate your favorite cut and go for it.
What you’ll need…
- Chicken Breast – Skin on or off it’s up to you, allow half a breast per serve
- Olive oil – splash
- Spice mix of a good pinch each of Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Sumac Powder
Salad bowl ingredients – per serve
- 100 g cooked brown and wild rice (quinoa is also a delicious option)
- 1/4 avocado – peeled and sliced
- 3 radishes thinly sliced
- Cucumber peeled into strips, using a vegetable peeler
- 2 tbsp cooked edamame beans (I bought mine from the freezer section of the supermarket)
- Corn cob – char gill and slice kernels off cob to serve
- 1 x 50 g jar Pomegranate Flavour Pearls
Lets get started
First we need to cook the chicken…Combine the spices and olive oil and rub into the chicken. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook in a hot fry pan – skin side down first please. You may need to pop it in the oven for a few minutes to finish cooking if it is a particularly large breast. Allow it to rest for a few minutes whilst you gather the salad ingredients.
Ready to serve
Pop the rice into your serving bowls (room temperature or slightly warm is best), then top with nice piles of your salad ingredients. Lastly add your sliced chicken breast then top with a generous serve of Pomegranate Flavour Pearls.
Until next time
Enjoy…from the Peninsula Larder Team
“Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.”