Oysters and Flavour Pearls
Oysters are a fresh, natural, succulent and delicious bite that can be made even more delightful with the addition of a few Flavour Pearls. Browse our serving suggestions below.
A little inspiration for Valentines Day for those planning to crank the Barry White for a little ‘in-house’ dining this year.
Oysters with Seaweed and Soy Flavour Pearls (as pictured above)
- Seaweed Salad – can be purchased from your local sushi shop
- Soy Flavour Pearls
Oysters with Ginger and Pink Peppercorn Flavour Pearls
Oysters with Pickled Shallots and Passionfruit Flavour Pearls
- Passionfruit Flavour Pearls
- Shallots thinly sliced – around 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup Vinegar – I used a delicious Chardonnay Vinegar that was in the cupboard
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Sugar – or to taste
- Generous pinch Salt and a few Black Peppercorns
Pop the Vinegar, Water, Sugar and Seasonings into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Give it a quick taste. I like it to be a little sour and sweet at the same time. Add a little more sugar if necessary. Pour the boiling mix over the sliced Shallots and leave to cool before using.
Oysters with Shallot & White Balsamic Flavour Pearls
Oysters with Lime & Vodka Granita and Native Finger Lime Flavour Pearls
- Native Finger Lime Flavour Pearls
- Water 1/2 cup
- Vodka 1/2 cup
- Lime Juice 1/2 cup – freshly squeezed if you can, it’s much nicer!
- Sugar – around 1/2 cup (it’s up to you if you want more or less)
- Pinch salt
Dissolve the sugar and water in a pot on stove. Add the Vodka and Lime Juice. The taste won’t change so add more Lime/Sugar if you wish at this point until you are happy with the flavour. (yes you could do this with Lemon Juice) You can’t add too much Vodka as it will impede the freezing process. Sad I know! Pour it into a shallow tray and freeze. Stir with a fork every half hour or so until it’s nice and frozen. *this can be prepared well ahead of time and simply broken up with a fork before you use it.
Oysters with Yuzu Flavour Pearls
- Yuzu Flavour Pearls
Oysters with Bloody Mary Mix and Native Bush Tomato Flavour Pearls
- Native Bush Tomato Flavour Pearls (including the juice)
- 30ish ml Vodka
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Tabasco (or to taste)
- Lemon Juice – a good squeeze
- Salt & Black Pepper
Simply combine all ingredients and spoon onto your Oysters.
Oysters with Lemon & Black Pepper Flavour Pearls
Oysters with Crème Fraiche, Cucumber and Lemon Myrtle Flavour Pearls
- Lemon Myrtle Flavour Pearls
- Crème Fraiche
- Cucumber – Fine Julienne
All you need now is some delightful company and something chilled to enjoy with your Oysters.
Until next time.
Enjoy…From the Peninsula Larder Team
“Pearls are always appropriate.”
– Jackie Kennedy
7 years ago 2 chefs started cooking up a business idea and Flavour Pearls were created.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated to our best offers and deals!