Sparkling Spiced Pear Cocktails with Vanilla Bean Flavour Pearls
These Sparkling Spiced Pear Cocktails are a little different to your usual Cocktail recipe. We’ve actually made a spiced Pear puree to flavour our Cocktails. It’s an easy recipe to adapt to an alcohol free treat too.
With the addition of fresh Pear slices and our NEW Limited edition Vanilla Bean Flavour Pearls you’ll look like a proper Cocktail Mixologist.
What you’ll need… (8ish drinks)
- 3 medium ripe pears – peel & chop (or for a quick version just use tinned Pears)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 5 tbsp. Maple Syrup
For the Cocktails
- 225 ml Calvados or Armagnac (Apple cordial/syrup for no alcohol) – 2 tbsp. ea
- 450 ml Pear Cider (Sparkling Apple Juice/Dry Ginger/Soda for no or less alcohol)
- ice – crushed
To make them Pretty
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp. Water
- Raw or Brown Sugar
- Fresh Pear Slices
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Vanilla Bean Flavour Pearls
Lets get started
I’ve created a version of a lovely recipe recently seen on an American website, hence the addition of delicious Maple Syrup.
There are 2 ways that the Pear puree can be made…it’s up to you 🙂
- Toss the chopped fresh Pears in the Spices and Syrup. Pop them on a tray and roast at around 180 C until they are soft and a little caramelized. Once cool, puree with a little water until smooth. Set aside until required.
- Simply add the equivalent volume of tinned Pear and flavourings into a food processor and blend until smooth. Adding a little water if needed. Set aside until required.
The flavour of the roast version will be superior with it’s gorgeous caramelized flavours but it all depends on your time frame and energy levels!
*You can have your Pear puree prepared to this stage even a day or two earlier if you want to be organized.
We need to get the glasses ready.
Place the sugar on a small plate. The Maple Syrup & Water on another small plate, give it a bit of a mix. The liquid needs to be a couple of millimeters deep. Dip your chosen glasses into the Syrup then the Sugar and set them aside.
Slice up your fresh Pear.
Ready to serve
Into each glass. Add a little ice. Around a tablespoon of Pear puree. 2 tablespoons of Calvados. Top up each glass with the delicious bubbly Pear Cider/Sparkling something. Then garnish with a Cinnamon stick, a few slices of fresh Pear and some Vanilla Bean Flavour Pearls.
**If you’ve just come across this recipe and our Limited Edition Flavour is no longer available…take a peek at our other flavours, just click HERE There are plenty of others to choose from.
Until next time
Enjoy…from the Peninsula Larder Team