Mmmmm Mini Lamb Burgers…Mini foods always seem to taste better!
We went with Lamb in our recipe but you could easily substitute with Beef or go meat free with some Grilled Vegetables. They look great served on a big platter, topped with stunning marinated fetta and our NEW Limited Edition Pickled Beetroot Flavour Pearls
What you’ll need… (12 serves)
- 12 Mini Brioche Burger buns (we found ours at our Local IGA)
- Spinach or Baby Cos Leaves – enough to add one per bun – washed
- Fetta – 12 pieces of around a teaspoon each (we used marinated fetta but just choose what you enjoy – a slice of brie would be delicious)
- 500 g Lamb Mince
- Garlic – 1 clove – crushed
- Spanish onion – 1 – slice 1/4 into nice thin rings and dice the rest finely
- Tomato Paste or Tomato Sauce or finely chopped semi dried tomatoes – 1 heaped tablespoon
- Worcestershire Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Thyme – Around a tablespoon chopped
- 1 Egg
- Bread crumbs – a good handful
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Pickled Beetroot Flavour Pearls
Combine the Lamb mince, garlic, diced onion, tomato, Worcestershire, thyme, egg, bread crumbs and salt and pepper. Form the mix into 12 patties (or more or less depending on how big you want them).
These can be covered and refrigerated, or if you prefer seal them off now so they can just be finished in the oven. Pre-sealing them will make serving up 12 burgers at a time a little easier! Get a fry pan nice and hot and simply brown both sides and put them on a baking tray. This step could easily be done in the morning or the day before, just keep them refrigerated until needed.
Ready to serve
Pop the oven on to 180C and when hot put the pre-sealed burgers in for 8 – 10 minutes or until cooked through. While they are cooking you can split and butter the brioche buns. I like to seal the butter side until golden in a nice hot pan before serving.
Add a spinach leaf or two to each bun and a couple of rings of sliced Spanish Onion. Once the burgers are cooked add one to each bun then a piece of fetta and lastly top with a spoonful of Pickled Beetroot Flavour Pearls
**If you’ve just come across this recipe and the Limited edition is no longer available take a peek at our other flavours HERE There are plenty of others to choose from.
Put the finished burgers onto a serving platter and be ready to be mobbed!
Until next time
from the Peninsula Larder Team